Wednesday, January 20, 2016

BYE BYE HONEY PIE

Today is a sad day.  Miss Honeysuckle has returned to the Maui Humane Society to find a new foster home to complete her regimen to cure heart worm.


I cannot keep her as I have guests arriving who are not "dog people".  In fact, a bit afraid of dogs....especially this wonderful breed.  When I invited them to come visit me, I didn't have a dog.  They first learned about my foster baby when I started this blog.  (They read my other blog).

It took them a while to be able to bring up the topic and I am so glad they did!  For people who do not have pets, having a big lug of a girl laying on your feet or sliming your leg after getting a drink is not part of a Maui vacation.  It's not easy to plan a day and then want to extend it when you have a dog who needs to go out, or to be fed.  This Honey craves attention and companionship and would feel bad being left at home every day while we explore the island.

I had to call Rachel and give her the sad news.

She is working like crazy trying to find a 60-day home stay so she can continue her treatment.  If you live here and know of anyone who would like 50 lbs of love for a couple of months, please contact the Maui Humane Society and say I WANT HONEYSUCKLE.


You won't regret a single minute.  

4 comments:

  1. This makes me feel bad. I would not make a good foster mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS very hard emotional work. She is a rock star so I'm eternally hopefully!

      Delete
  2. She sure seemed like a sweetheart and I didn't expect that with her breed. They do seem to get a bad wrap that isn't deserved when they are raised in loving homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my limited experience, every single pit bull I know is a the sweetest kindest dog ever. So loving.

      Delete