Monday, January 18, 2016

SHE FOUND HER BARK

Honeysuckle is just such a sweet loving dog.  Always smiling.  Lays on her back in the sunshine (and snores).  Slow to wake up.  So trusting.

I've heard her quietly growl a few times.  Usually at night and I figure she is dreaming of chasing a cat.  Or maybe she really heard one jump my fence.

Yesterday I heard some very ferocious barking!  I thought someone's dog was on the loose.  It sounded like it was just on the other side of my back fence (undeveloped area) and maybe the wild thing smelled Honey.

I dashed outside and guess what?  IT WAS HONEYSUCKLE!  Barking!  She sounded savage.  My neighbors had people working on their air conditioner and she couldn't "see" them.  Oh my gosh!  Who knew she was such a protector?  I bet she would lick an intruder to death!


What she sounds like ....

This morning I have an a/c guy here giving my ductless system a cleaning.  Honey was out on the back deck.  He went out to hose off some parts and almost had a heart attack when she came loping over BARKING that aggressive bark!

This is while he is inside, going from room to room.  Tiny almost inaudible growl ....

Good job, Honey.  Good job!

2 comments:

  1. She's feeling at home and protecting her turf. You're going to miss her terribly!

    ReplyDelete