Sunday, December 13, 2015

BEING A HANDY HELPER

I am just so lucky!  Honey is stepping right up to do her share of the chores.

Today I decided to put up some Christmas lights in the backyard.  Honey and I are hosting a Christmas Eve deck party.  Sort of her Debut.  Needless to say, she wants everything to look almost as good as she does.  So she gave it her all!




And the end result.  


With all her support and assistance, I decided to put up tiny white lights on the side of the house ... to light the way for people to come to the back to enjoy gatherings.


Again she was helpful.  Laid right under my ladder ... which I had to move every three minutes.  It was quite a day of heavy labor.

Ready to take a little nap .... she looks dog tired!






4 comments:

  1. You might want to plan a quiet place for Honey to spend the party. Not all older dog tolerate noisy people and you don't know her all that well to trust her. It's amazing how well she's taking to her new life with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. She will be in our bedroom. If anyone wants to meet her, we can go in one at a time to say hi! Gotta keep her old heart slow ...

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic. I volunteer at MHS and I have walked her several times. I am so happy that you are fostering her and giving her a chance at a new life. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks. She is so sweet and just seems so darned happy with any thing. Hopefully some potential adoptive families will read the blog to be sure she fits with their life style. She wants to jump and run but is not supposed to do anything that causes her heart rate to go up. Bummer for me!

      Delete