Saturday, December 12, 2015

MY LITTLE TRICKSTER

I'm nicknaming her Honey.  Honeysuckle is her formal name but it just is too many syllables for 800 times a day.  Honey for short.

Today was a hang around home most of the day.  Getting to know each other.  She loves the morning routine of being outside enjoying the cool sunshine.  Somehow that doesn't look comfortable to me ...




She amazes me!  For some reason I told her to sit ... and she did!  I was astounded!  I tried to think of some other easy tricks that she might know.  Shake!  YES!  She gave me a paw!  This is so exciting!


Armed with tiny bits of turkey or cheese, she learned "down".  She is one smart cookie!  She seems to have very painful arthritis so future tricks are going to have bear that in mind.  For now we will practice these three.  And some gentle playing with a treat filled Kong!




Perhaps we are becoming a little too close.  I now have to close the door when I use the ladies room.  Otherwise ....



She joins me ....




3 comments:

  1. Laughed at your bathroom experience....so common with dogs. We watch them pee and poop so why not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Honeysuckle loves her privacy! And since we are both girls ... what the heck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! What a sweetie. Interesting that she knows some commands. Who knows what her life was like before she met you. Wish she could talk.

    ReplyDelete