Friday, December 11, 2015

GETTING COMFORTABLE

Yesterday was hard on Grandma.  Honeysuckle would NOT go potty.  We walked every hour ... grass, trees, fire hydrants.  She is so obedient to walk where ever I wanted her to go but she would not GO.

She drank plenty of water.  I was really getting worried when finally, at 10:30 pm she released a gallon or so.  Whew!  At least I could get a good night's sleep.

I moved her new bed into my bedroom.  She has arthritis even worse than I do so I know she can't get up and down easily (yes, I was going to let her sleep with me!)  We slept like babies although I think she snores more than I do ... but I have no proof!



Snug as a bug!  Apparently it is only for night time sleeping as I brought the bed outdoors with us and she is lying on the deck.  She would not go potty again this morning but as she was walking about exploring the great outdoors, she was out of my sight for a while.  I walked over to the utility side of my house and voila!  A deposit!  In the cinder rocks!  I think maybe she just likes privacy.  Today I will go to Home Depot and buy a bit of sod to put over there .... as I do not have one spot of grass.


She seems to enjoy mornings outdoors with kibble and coffee and computers.  Actually she seems to love everything.  If I just look at her, she wags her tail!  She is going to be a great adoption in a few months when she is totally healthy.  I hope to plump her up a bit.  My daughter works at an upscale pet store (Healthy Pets NW) where they promote organic, no grain and even raw food diets.  Kate is sending me a book and some sample (healthy) treats.  She suggested I give her a scrambled egg once or twice a week ... and sardines.  I bought a small bag of chi chi dog food and am blending it with the Science Diet that MHS provided.

Mostly she enjoys TLC and a quiet life style.


Yes, it will be tough to not keep her.  That, my friends, my daughter calls a Foster FAILURE.





2 comments:

  1. Oh, my. Just looking at her makes me wonder how difficult it will be to part with her. I don't think I"d be so good at this. How old is she? Did they give you much history on her? Another blogger I read adopted a rescue dog. She gave her fish oil supplements. Honeysuckle is a very lucky dog. She's found a good foster mom. I look forward to updates and how things progress for you and Honeysuckle. I love that name, Honeysuckle. It makes me think of warm summer nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She may be used to peeing and pooping just on concrete in a kennel which would explain her holding it in until she had access to the cinder rocks. Be sure to praise her when she goes. Some dogs who have a history of getting on for going in the wrong places so they do like to hide when they go.

    I love her name, too.

    ReplyDelete