Tuesday, December 22, 2015

SHE'S A REAL DAWG

Honeysuckle is a really really good dog.  She loves me unconditionally already.  She's silly and funny and fun even though we can't get her riled up.  She loves to find toys I've hidden around the house and back deck.

Yet she is a real dog.

She tries to eat cat poop.  Thankfully, since she's been here we don't have nearly as much cat traffic.  But she did get one almond roca.

She eats weeds (because I have no grass).  And yes, she urped it back up.  Luckily for me, it was outside so I could hose it off easily.

She drags my slippers out.  Thankfully she usually licks them and then takes a nap with them.  (How did I not notice this little trick of hers?)

Every night she tries to climb up into my bed.  Not sure how long I can resist that though.  Actually, it's hard to remember it has been less than two weeks since she came home with me!

She drips water all over the kitchen floor.  She loves taking her food OUT of her bowl, put it on the floor and then eat it.  I'm not sure I would call it "begging" but she really enjoys watching me eat.  No people food.  But since I'm trying to plump her up a little, she does get a doggie treat or two every day.

And she helps me keep on a wake up schedule ... 7:30 on the dot!  This morning I woke up early but she refused to budge.  Until 7:30!

I really do appreciate all of her attention.  And supervision.  She helped me put this together ...







2 comments:

  1. She sure sounds like a sweetheart! I can't believe a rescue dog can some with so few problems.

    Do you know that poinsettia plant you have is toxic to dogs and cats? Be careful not to put it within her reach if you move it outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie pie. She probably likes your slippers because they smell like you. :)

    ReplyDelete