Saturday, December 19, 2015

TRAVELING GIRLS

Honey loves to be with me.  She gets sad when I start gathering my flip flops and purse.  I usually have a kong ready so she has something to do ... but she doesn't do anything with it until I leave.

While it is good news that she is gaining weight, with both of us having arthritis, it is a job getting her in and out of my car.  So far she can't jump in and lifting her 47 pounds is a job for me.  

So I went on Amazon to get a lightweight, easy to use ramp.



Honeysuckle is just a little leary about walking up.  It has a little "give" to it which gives her a bit of freak out.  Every day we go out (with treats) and each day she goes up a little further.

The ramp hooks on to the car, so it won't slip or fall off.  It folds in one little bundle that weighs about 14 lbs, so easy for me.  Can't wait to take her for an oceanside drive!

4 comments:

  1. That is really cool! I should probably get one for Levi.

    It's good you're doing this blog for her. When you have to give her back, who ever adopts her will be able to get insight about her personality, etc., from reading this or a print-out of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be good reporting to the Humane Society also. She is one of their favorites (although I think they say that about ALL their rescues!)

      The ramp IS awesome ... very textured (like sandpaper) so they feel more secure. Light and easy to unfold and refold.

      Delete
  2. What a neat ramp. There's a solution for everything out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am always amazed at how simple things can be improved! Creative minds out there!

      Delete