Friday, December 18, 2015

SINGING IN THE SHOWER

Miss Honey was beginning to smell like a dog.  A little TOO doggy in my humble opinion.  My kidlet works at a very healthy pet supply store and she sent me a recipe for a great dog shampoo.  (Ground oats, baking soda, lavendar oil, coconut oil,  castile soap and water)


I have a fabulous outdoor shower ... with hot and cold water!  She always tries to come in with me and this morning I just let her.  I had not made the dog shampoo yet, so I used my $40/bottle Moroccan hydrating shampoo.  She loved it!  I think I may just have her come in every day ... just for the rinse and just use shampoo (her brand in the future) once a week.

She smells as sweet as she is! 

P.S.  And she says I smell better also ...

Just found a shareable version of the shampoo recipe




3 comments:

  1. What's really a blessing that she doesn't mind showers. Many dogs avoid baths like the plague. You might want to ask the vet about bathing her with shampoo as often as once a week. Many dog breeds need their nature oils to keep their skin healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice shower. I bet she does enjoy it. I had no idea that lavender and cedar repel fleas, but I guess it makes sense. Cedar repels moths.

    ReplyDelete