Tuesday, December 15, 2015

VET APPOINTMENT

Honey probably has kennel cough.

She started coughing Saturday evening.  Sunday she did a lot of coughing.  Every time she walked, she coughed.  Fortunately, since we are keeping a very calm schedule, I was able to just let her rest.  She didn't cough during the night.

This morning, she coughed so long and so hard I thought her lungs were going to come up.  I just had to sit next to her and pet her and keep her still.  While I called the Humane Society.  They thought she should come in and get checked out.

Today I had volunteered to drive a Senior to a doctor appointment half an hour away, wait for her hour appointment (acupuncture) and drive her home.  Part of my volunteer work with Na Hoaloha (neighbors helping neighbors).  The client wanted to depart an hour before her appointment.  Then she was half an hour late finishing.  My heart was racing that I would get back home in time to pick up Honey and get to MHS in time.

I did and we did.  No palpable symptoms and of course, she barely coughed the whole time we were there!  She is already taking the antibiotic that they would prescribe for kennel cough so home we are.

While I was over taking care of my neighbors' dog, getting the mail, rummaging around in the garage ....




1 comment:

  1. Poor baby. Kennel cough is common with dogs in large places with lots of other dogs. Hope she's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete