Monday, January 4, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Since I wasn't sure how Honeysuckle would react around fireworks, I decided to stay home.  Two gal pals and one perfect Havanese girl came over to join us.  We shared pupus and bubbly and actually stayed up past midnight to enjoy spectacular fireworks.  The canine girls stayed inside.


Honey was so excited to have company.  A little TOO excited so I had to put her in our bedroom until she calmed down and had her usual good manners.  And she did.  Jodie, our little Havanese neighbor, has been to my house many times.  She's used to sitting on my lap but Honey would have nothing to do with that!  I was HERS and no one else's.

She had to lay right beside me and would give Jodie the evil eye if she came too close.


She was giving me high fives all night.  So silly!




She even looks pretty when she is upside down.




But at the end of the evening, she prefers snuggling in for a nap!  After our guest left about 12:30 am, we puttered about and didn't get to bed til almost 3:00 am.

We both slept in and had a very lazy first day of 2016.





2 comments:

  1. The little jealously streak is funny but sad at the same time, know she's getting attached to you and you have to give her up in time.

    Sounds like you had a good New Years with people and canine. Levi loves doggie play dates, too, but don't get them often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That attachment works both ways! Little bugger. I think this is a GOOD thing for her furever family. She will fall in love with them quickly!

    ReplyDelete